Crystal Report Problem
What is Crystal Report?
The Crystal Report can create powerful, richly formatted, dynamic reports from virtually any data source, delivered in dozens of formats, in up to 24 languages. A robust production reporting tool, SAP Crystal Reports turns almost any data source into interactive, actionable information that can be accessed offline or online, from applications, portals and mobile devices.
1) Displaying blank page
2) Displaying Components Permission Denied Error
1) The required Permission is missing
2) The Network Service identity is missing on the 'Application Pool'.
Make Sure Crystal Report Version is already installed on the server.
By Default when a domain is hosted through Plesk control panel it creates a separate application pool for it and the user to launch its application pool is set to “IWPD_domain”. So to resolve the issue either one has to change the application pool Identity to “Network Service” and set inheritable NTFS permission to the “Network Service” and “IIS_USER” on your web site.
1) Login to RDP Session
2) Launch IIS Manager
3) Under Site, Select your domain
4) Click on 'Advanced Settings' to check the application pool which was already assigned.
(NOTE: Do not take or modify application pool “Plesk-default” application pool)
5) If your own domain application pool was already assigned >> Go to Application Pool Section on IIS >> Search your domain application pool.
6) On your domain application pool >> Advanced Settings >> Identity "Network Services" >> Click OK.
7) Go Back to your domain and assign 'IIS_USER' and 'NETWORK_SERVICES' Permission.
Right Click on the domain >> Select Edit Permission
On the Security Tab >> Edit >> Add >> Advances >> Find Now
Select ‘IIS_USER’ and ‘NETWORK_SERVICES’ and Click OK.
If your own domain application pool was not found, how to create and assign New Application Pool on your domain? Steps are given below;
On the IIS Manager >> Click on Application Pool
Enter Application name (i.e., example.com(domain)(4.0)(pool)) >> Select the ASP.NET Version and Click OK.
Once Application pool created, select the application pool which is created and click on ‘Advanced Settings’, changes to be done as below.
Enable 32-Bit Applications from ‘false’ to ‘true’
Identity from ‘ApplicationPoolIdentity’ to ‘Network Service’
Once it’s done assign the application pool to your domain.
On the IIS Manager >> Select your domain India name >> Advanced Settings >> Application Pool >> Select the Application pool which is created newly.
NOTE: The crystal report will run only on “Network Service” Application pool with “Network Service” permission.