Manually Set Up E-mail with Windows Live Mail using POP3
MIME represents Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions. MIME types form a standard method of organizing the file types on the web. The MIME type indicates the browser about the file kind and how the file will be served to the user. Internet programs like web servers and browsers all have a list of MIME types. So that they will shift the files of the constant type within the same method. It does not make any difference what sort of operating system they are working on. MIME types exchange different kinds of data files on the Internet: text, audio, video, images, application programs, and others.
Open Windows Live Mail and select Add e-mail account from the left hand side.
Click Add e-mail account
Enter your full E-mail address, Password, Display Name
Select POP3 from the drop-down box.
- Enter pop mail.yourdomainname as the Incoming server address.
- SSL/TLS: None (Uncheck the This server requires a secure connection (SSL))
- Enter your full e-mail address in the text box for Login ID (if different from e-mail address).
- Enter mail.yourdomainname in the text box for Outgoing Server.
- Check the box for My outgoing server requires authentication.
Click the Finish button.
Setup is complete! You will see your account on the left hand side of the Windows Live Mail window.