Manually Set Up E-mail with Windows Live Mail using POP3
Windows Live is an application from Microsoft on which you can set up your email run by POP3. There are certain steps which use the aspects related to your mail server and the credentials of the same. The setup of the same is a simple 5 step process as explained below. Once you complete this configuration you can access your mail from the other devices with the help of Windows Live.
Open Windows Live Mail and select Add e-mail account from the left hand side.
Click Add e-mail account
Enter your full E-mail address, Password, Display Name
Select POP3 from the drop-down box.
- Enter pop mail.yourdomainname as the Incoming server address.
- SSL/TLS: None (Uncheck the This server requires a secure connection (SSL))
- Enter your full e-mail address in the text box for Login ID (if different from e-mail address).
- Enter mail.yourdomainname in the text box for Outgoing Server.
- Check the box for My outgoing server requires authentication.
Click the Finish button.
Setup is complete! You will see your account on the left hand side of the Windows Live Mail window.