Risk Factors in change your Addon Domain to Primary Domain
We see that, addon.com domain is added as a addon domain. If we are going to change this domain to primary domain,then you will lose the data and Email hosted on this domain addon.com. We strongly suggest you to continue to use your existing primary domain as it is. Even If you dont need your primary domain or if you are primary domain is expired, You dont need to worry about it. You can keep continue to use it.
If you still want to change your addon domain to primary domain, Please follow this steps.
Assume you have two domains hosted with us in a hosting account - prime.com and addon.com.
The domain prime.com is the primary domain and addon.com is hosted as an addon domain,
Before doing this, ENSURE TO HAVE A BACKUP OF YOUR COMPLETE HOSTING ACCOUNT IN YOUR LOCAL LAPTOP OR DESKTOP.
THERE IS A RISK OF LOSING EMAIL DATA OR DATABASE DATA. WE SUGGEST YOU, NOT GO WITH IT, UNLESS YOU KNOW IT FOR SURE.
You can follow the below steps to convert your domains, i.e. make addon.com primary for your account and host prime.com as an addon domain:
- Remove addon.com from the addon list from your cPanel -> Addon Domains.
- Change the primary domain name for your account from prime.com to addon.com. Do it using User Area -> My Accounts -> Manage Account -> Information and Settings -> Change Primary Domain.
- Back up the website files for prime.com located in the public_html folder and then remove them or place them in another folder.
- Move the files from the addon domain's folder to your public_html directory.
- Add prime.com to your addon slot from your cPanel -> Addon domains. (If you need it, If you dont need it, You can ignore it)
- Copy/restore the website files for prime.com to the newly created addon folder.
After changed addon domain as primary domain, you want that old prime domain as addon domain, you just create that as an addon domain.
And then old prime domain email id is automatically create.