How do I transfer hosting from DigitalOcean?
Have a plan of changing your web host? There might be various reasons to change your web host. People change their web hosts if they are dissatisfied with the speed or quality of the service offered. And it is necessary to choose the quality of service at a lower price or with more convenient payment terms. If you find yourself in this situation, then it is the right time to look for a better provider. However, transferring your website is not a complicated task. In this guide we will be explaining the step-by-step guide, to move forward confidently.
Transferring your website services has become easy if done in the right manner. Since we are one of the top web hosting company in India and your choice becomes fairly easy. Just follow the below steps to transfer to the best hosting service available:
Transfer Hosting in simple steps & get 40% OFFClick here and Sign up for hosting. Once you make the payment, Go to step 02Send us the hosting details like FTP, cPanel Password or Hosting Server SSH details and DB details of your old hostingOur team will start the migration. Once the migration is over, we will test it and update youMake sure that your website is up & running by being constant touch with our support team
Note : Ensure that, You have at least 1 week time to transfer the hosting. Though we might be able to transfer it in few days, Sometime due to technical issue, the Transfer will take about a week (If there is any technical issue).
Note : We do not transfer more than 5 websites or domains in a single reseller or unlimited hosting package. If there are more than 5 websites/domains, you need to take care of transferring files/websites.
Some of the problem or issues encountered while migrating the website
1. Generally, the client provides the wrong username and password of the cPanel account. Due to this, We are not able to transfer/migrate the files/websites.
2. Due to the slow response from the other server, We may not be able to download the file quickly. Or The download will break often, hence migration/transfer of your website may be affected.
3. The huge amount of data. If you have more than 5GB of data, then you have to download the file and upload in our server. If possible, We will upload it.
4. The website may not work once transferred due to configuration / cPanel version mismatch. (PHP/Mysql version mismatch)
5. Your old service provider may not have a proper control panel such as cPanel, in this case, the migration will be delayed or affected.
6. Sometime, Old service provider might prevent our server IP address from downloading
7. In Windows, We do not migrate your account without RDP access. In Windows, we DO NOT migrate your Emails.
8. If your hosting account expires within a few days, We are not responsible for the transfer failure. Ensure that, at least 5 ~ 7 working days are provided to us to transfer the website. However, in most of the cases, We transfer the website/file within a day.
9. If you have root access, then it will be even more convenient.
10. Ensure that you have at least 3 times of the disk space in the new/destination server before starting the migration.
In all the cases, We strongly recommend you to keep a backup of your website in your local machine or laptop or pen drive. Once the backup is downloaded, Ensure that It is working fine.
Hosting Plans Disk / Bandwidth RAM / CPU Domain Price Action Premium Corporate Unlimited RAM 3GB
Unlimited ?531 Save 56%287 / month Premium SME Unlimited RAM 2GB
Unlimited ?419 Save 56%226 / month Unlimited Unlimited RAM 1GB
Unlimited ?378 Save 56%204 / month
- Linux VPSGet Optimized & Performance tuned Linux VPS with FREE control panel.
- Windows VPSWe rank No.1 for Windows VPS in India. Get with Plesk Panel.
- Linux ServerTons of features added to our Linux Powerful Dedicated host, Check it.
- Windows ServerGet the best performing Windows dedicated host with full manager service.
1) Once you sign up with HostingRaja for website servuce we will be sending the username and password.
3) We will take care of downloading all your content from the current service provider’s server and upload the same to our servers.
4) A temporary URL will be provided to you to review all the changes that we have made to your site.
5) Once everything is checked and approved by you, we will initiate the changes in Domain name configuration.
6) Name servers of the domain need must point to our Name servers. This will be done by logging into your Domain Registrar's control panel. If required, we can also make the changes in Domain configuration if needed, for this purpose you need to send us the access details of your Domain Registrar's control panel.
Why transfer to HostingRaja?
1) Free .in/.net/.co.in Domain name.
2) Low latency and high-Speed Servers.
3) 40% off while transferring to HostingRaja.
4) You are a proud client of No.1 company in India.
5) We transfer your website and emails with the least downtime.
Note: Before transferring make sure of the below points:
- Before sharing the username and password of the server with us, make sure to download the complete back up of your website from the existing hosting provider.
- Before starting the migration, Contact your existing hosting provider to get the complete backup of your website/account and download & store it in your local computer.
- If migration does not happen due to some technical problems like wrong username/password, network or bandwidth issue, contact our support team members.
- Be in regular touch with HostingRaja technical team members, until the website is migrated successfully and works fine.
Note: If you have completed all the above steps, it means that you have successfully switched hosts without any issues. For more information on changing your Domain and hosting provider, you can call our toll free no 1800-123-8642.