How do I transfer the domain and hosting from GoDaddy?
You can always move your domain to a different provider if in case not satisfied with your current provider. There might be numerous reasons to switch your domain, maybe the different web host may offer a low-cost renewal price, or might be any other reason. Usually, the moving process isn’t so complex, and it can be performed swiftly. There are two ways in transferring your domain like, can transfer the ownership of the domain to others and another way is transferring the domain from one registrar to another.
Transfer Hosting in simple steps & get 40% OFFClick here and Sign up for hosting. Once you make the payment, Go to step 02Send us the hosting details like FTP, cPanel Password or Hosting Server SSH details and DB details of your old hostingOur team will start the migration. Once the migration is over, we will test it and update youMake sure that your website is up & running by being constant touch with our support team
Note : Ensure that, You have at least 1 week time to transfer the hosting. Though we might be able to transfer it in few days, Sometime due to technical issue, the Transfer will take about a week (If there is any technical issue).
Note : We do not transfer more than 5 websites or domains in a single reseller or unlimited hosting package. If there are more than 5 websites/domains, you need to take care of transferring files/websites.
Some of the problem or issues encountered while migrating the website
1. Generally, the client provides the wrong username and password of the cPanel account. Due to this, We are not able to transfer/migrate the files/websites.
2. Due to the slow response from the other server, We may not be able to download the file quickly. Or The download will break often, hence migration/transfer of your website may be affected.
3. The huge amount of data. If you have more than 5GB of data, then you have to download the file and upload in our server. If possible, We will upload it.
4. The website may not work once transferred due to configuration / cPanel version mismatch. (PHP/Mysql version mismatch)
5. Your old service provider may not have a proper control panel such as cPanel, in this case, the migration will be delayed or affected.
6. Sometime, Old service provider might prevent our server IP address from downloading
7. In Windows, We do not migrate your account without RDP access. In Windows, we DO NOT migrate your Emails.
8. If your hosting account expires within a few days, We are not responsible for the transfer failure. Ensure that, at least 5 ~ 7 working days are provided to us to transfer the website. However, in most of the cases, We transfer the website/file within a day.
9. If you have root access, then it will be even more convenient.
10. Ensure that you have at least 3 times of the disk space in the new/destination server before starting the migration.
In all the cases, We strongly recommend you to keep a backup of your website in your local machine or laptop or pen drive. Once the backup is downloaded, Ensure that It is working fine.
Hosting Plans Disk / Bandwidth RAM / CPU Domain Price Action Premium Corporate Unlimited RAM 3GB
Unlimited ?531 Save 56%287 / month Premium SME Unlimited RAM 2GB
Unlimited ?419 Save 56%226 / month Unlimited Unlimited RAM 1GB
Unlimited ?378 Save 56%204 / month
- Linux VPSGet Optimized & Performance tuned Linux VPS with FREE control panel.
- Windows VPSWe rank No.1 for Windows VPS in India. Get with Plesk Panel.
- Linux DedicatedTons of features added to our Linux Powerful Dedicated solution, Check it.
- Windows DedicatedGet the best performing Windows server with full manager service.
Transfer your Domain from GoDaddy:
1) Remove Your Domain Lock: Most of the domain registrars execute a feature called "Domain lock". It means the domain is linked to a particular service until disabled manually. This feature defends from illegal transfer attempts of the domain. Once after unlocking the domain name it can be transferred to another registrar. If you are using the control panel of the registrar, you can find a link to unlock the domain name.
2) Get the transfer code: After unlocking the domain name, you need to receive a domain transfer code. The code will be sent to the email associated with your domain name, and the new platform must authorize the transfer. This particular code permits in transferring the domain name to another registrar. Once after receiving the authorization code, it indicates your domain lock has been disabled successfully and can perform the next step.
3) Give the Authorization Code to the new registrar and perform the domain transfer: Once after receiving the domain transfer code, it must be submitted to the new registrar. In some cases, the registrar will permit to enter the details of the new registrar and begin the transfer process. Once the new registrar's name, email address, etc are entered, the domain transfer process will be started. To transfer a domain name, you should not only initiate the transfer process from your end but also make sure the new registrar also accepts the transfer.
4) Need to verify the transfer: For verification purpose, you will be receiving the email for confirming the domain transfer to the new platform. And this message will consist of the domain which you are moving and the registrar you’re transferring to. Finally, click on the confirmation link, and agree to the terms and conditions of the domain transfer.
By this, you can transfer the domain name and to complete this process you need to have all the necessary requirements like transfer authorization code and domain should be more than 60 days old. And also, make sure that the given transfer credentials are accurate.
Transfer your Hosting from GoDaddy:
If you are not satisfied with your current web hosting provider and want to transfer your hosting services to another host, you can do it easily. And you need to follow a few steps so that all the data is transferred successfully without any downtime. If you do any mistake while transferring, it may lead to data loss and downtime, and loss of users too. If you avoid the above issues, can transfer the hosting easily, and without affecting the entire data.
1) Take a backup of your data: The very first thing you should do before transferring your account is to backup your data. Backing up your data helps in restoring lost files. It is always suggested to take a backup before making any changes to the website. Once after the backup is completed, you can upload the backup files to the new host via FTP.
2) Change your Nameservers to point to the new Hosting Provider: Now it is time to change your domain name's DNS. The new host will give you the correct name servers (DNS). For this, you need to contact the new host to find out what kind of DNS settings will be used for the domain name. Once after receiving the right DNS, contact the service provider from where you have purchased the domain name to make the change. If Domain name is purchased from your host, then contact them to make the DNS changes.
Note: Need to confirm everything is backed up before the DNS is pointing to the new hosting account.
3) Upload your data to the new account: Once after everything is backed up, you need to log into your new account's panel and upload all your related website's content. For uploading instructions check with your new host on how to upload your data within their system.
Transfer your Domain and Hosting to HostingRaja and get 40% off:
Step-1) Click here and Sign up for hosting. Once you make the payment, Go to step 02.
Step-2) Send us the details like FTP, cPanel Password or Hosting Server SSH details and DB details of your old account.
Step-3) Our team members will start the migration. Once the migration is completed, it will be tested and updated to you.
Step-4) And finally, you need to Make sure that your website is up and running by being constant touch with our support team members.
If you have completed all the above steps, it means that you have successfully switched hosts without any issues. For more information on buy domain and domain transfer, you can call our toll free no 1800-123-8642.