How do I transfer the domain and hosting from HostGator?
If you are transferring the domain and Hosting from one host to another, then few steps have to be considered. Here you will find the complete details in transferring your domain and hosting from current host to the new host. Basically, for domains, the requirements may vary based on ccTLDs. The complete details on the domain and hosting transfer process and how to move to a new host are explained in this article. And need to make sure once a domain transfer is being initiated, it is not feasible to update the nameserver of a domain. If there is any necessity for DNS changes, it must be done before the transfer or it must be done once the transfer is completed.
Before your start transferring hosting account, Please read the following points.
1. DO NOT transfer your account at the The Eleventh Hour, meaning, You should have a sufficient time to transfer your account. Sometime, Customer request for transfer on the day, When hosting account expires. Start your hosting transfer at least 5 days in advance.
2. We recommend you to renew your domain at any service provider, As best hosting company, hostingraja can provide you excellent support for your technical issues with hosting.
3. You can buy any hosting plan of your choice and then you can do the hosting transfer. If you want any help from us, then you have to update the same to our sales person and also, Update us by raising support ticket.
Transfer Hosting in simple steps & get 40% OFFClick here and Sign up for hosting. Once you make the payment, Go to step 02Send us the hosting details like FTP, cPanel Password or Hosting Server SSH details and DB details of your old hostingOur team will start the migration. Once the migration is over, we will test it and update youMake sure that your website is up & running by being constant touch with our support team
Note : Ensure that, You have at least 1 week time to transfer the hosting. Though we might be able to transfer it in few days, Sometime due to technical issue, the Transfer will take about a week (If there is any technical issue).
Note : We do not transfer more than 5 websites or domains in a single reseller or unlimited hosting package. If there are more than 5 websites/domains, you need to take care of transferring files/websites.
Some of the problem or issues encountered while migrating the website
1. Generally, the client provides the wrong username and password of the cPanel account. Due to this, We are not able to transfer/migrate the files/websites.
2. Due to the slow response from the other server, We may not be able to download the file quickly. Or The download will break often, hence migration/transfer of your website may be affected.
3. The huge amount of data. If you have more than 5GB of data, then you have to download the file and upload in our server. If possible, We will upload it.
4. The website may not work once transferred due to configuration / cPanel version mismatch. (PHP/Mysql version mismatch)
5. Your old service provider may not have a proper control panel such as cPanel, in this case, the migration will be delayed or affected.
6. Sometime, Old service provider might prevent our server IP address from downloading
7. In Windows, We do not migrate your account without RDP access. In Windows, we DO NOT migrate your Emails.
8. If your hosting account expires within a few days, We are not responsible for the transfer failure. Ensure that, at least 5 ~ 7 working days are provided to us to transfer the website. However, in most of the cases, We transfer the website/file within a day.
9. If you have root access, then it will be even more convenient.
10. Ensure that you have at least 3 times of the disk space in the new/destination server before starting the migration.
In all the cases, We strongly recommend you to keep a backup of your website in your local machine or laptop or pen drive. Once the backup is downloaded, Ensure that It is working fine.
Hosting Plans Disk / Bandwidth RAM / CPU Domain Price Action Premium Corporate Unlimited RAM 3GB
Unlimited ?531 Save 56%287 / month Premium SME Unlimited RAM 2GB
Unlimited ?419 Save 56%226 / month Unlimited Unlimited RAM 1GB
Unlimited ?378 Save 56%204 / month
We have written in great details about transfer, Kindly check this link.
- Linux VPSGet Optimized & Performance tuned Linux VPS with FREE control panel.
- Windows VPSWe rank No.1 for Windows VPS in India. Get with Plesk Panel.
- Linux ServerTons of features added to our Linux Powerful servers, Check it.
- Windows ServerGet the best performing Windows server with full manager service.
Transfer your Hosting and Domain from HostGator:
- Opt for a new host who provides the below features:
- The server must be active 99.9% of the time.
- Sufficient space and bandwidth for hosting your website.
- Day to day backups of your files.
- Website statistics for tracking the performance of the site.
- Fast, efficient, knowledgeable technical support required.
- Changing the name server of a Domain:
The name servers are used for the purpose of pointing your domain name to the servers, where your website will be hosted. Once after signing up to your new registrar, they will send you the new name servers.
- Transfer files to a new hosting account: The most suitable way to transfer the website's files to your new hosting account is through FTP (File Transfer Protocol). You must connect to the hosting account and download the files locally to the computer. And later upload them to your new account's main folder.
- Upload your data to the new account: Once after everything is backed up, you need to log into your new account's panel and upload all your related website's content. For uploading instructions check with your new host on how to upload your data within their system.
- Cancel your old host:
This must be done once after transferring the domain name completely to the new host. Some hosting providers may bundle the domain name and hosting service together. So if you trying to move with a new web host there is a chance to lose the domain name. To avoid this, register a new one before transferring to a new service.
Note: If you inform your old host regarding the transfer to another they won't allow as they don't want to lose you as their client. It is always suggested to inform once after transferring to the new host.
Possible reasons to transfer the domain and hosting to a new provider:
1) Limited space and bandwidth for your website.
2) Unreliable service and too expensive.
3) The registrar did not keep up their promise.
4) Delayed or unresponsive customer support.
5) Limited features to host your website and much more.
While transferring to a new web hosting provider, make use of the technical team members of the new host for a better transfer. They will be happy to serve. Get an affordable and reliable service from HostingRaja, it comes with all the required features for your domain and hosting.
Avail 40% off on transferring to HostingRaja:
1) Get 40% off by clicking. Once after the payment, go to step 02.
2) Now you need to send the service details such as cPanel Password, FTP, Hosting Server SSH details and DataBase details of your old account.
3) Once after the details are being shared, our team will commence the migration progress. And after completing the migration our team we will test and update you the information.
4) And at last, make sure that your website is up & running by having a consistent touch with our technical team.
Note: For hassle-free transfer contact our support team members via live chat, email and toll-free no 1800-123-8642.